This is the perfect season for tasteful hot soups. This recipe is very hearty and warming, perfect for a winter day. It is creamy and the paprika brings a nice mild spiciness to it. With a rustic texture you won’t be able to resist it. Best of all it is very simple and easy to make.
SPICED MUSHROOM SOUP
3 Cups of Crimini Mushrooms
!/4 of an onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Cup of unsweetened Almond Milk (or the milk of your choice)
1/3 Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
1 teaspoon of Butter
1 teaspoon of Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- Chop the onions and slice the mushrooms
- In a medium size pot heat the olive oil and the butter until it melts. In medium-low heat saute the garlic and the onions until they become translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and saute them. Incorporate the unsweetened almond milk, salt and the ground paprika. Cover and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool a little bit and blend it. Pour back the blended mixture into the pot. Add the plain greek yogurt and heat it.
- Serve immediately and garnish with a cilantro leaf.