Well I am continuing with my children’s favorite dishes. What Luis likes the most is Mexican food! He loves any kind of “taquitos”. So last night before he left for school we had Pork Taquitos. Did I mentioned he is a soccer player? Yes, he plays for his school team, for a team in the city league and for an intramural team. So besides school, that keeps him very busy.
I like this kind of “taquitos”, because now that everybody is home, I don’t want to spend precious time in the kitchen, I rather be with them. So I prepared the meat before going to bed, in the morning I put it in the slow cooker and I can forget about it until dinner time! Isn’t that amazing? Because it slow-cooks, the meat is so tender, full of flavor with the mix of spices.
This is Luis, playing soccer of course
SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK
3 lb Pork Roast
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons of ground Paprika
2 Tablespoons of ground Chipotle Chile
1 Tablespoon of Salt
1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons of ground Cumin
1 teaspoon of ground Cayenne Chile
1 teaspoon of Oregano
1 teaspoon od Onion powder
1 teaspoon of Garlic powder
1 teaspoon of ground Coriander
1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Mix all the spices
- Dry the piece of meat with a paper towel
- Cover the meat with the spice mixture all over
- Pack the covered meat and put it in the refrigerator. Marinate it overnight.
- On medium-high heat, heat the Olive Oil and brown the meat on all sides
- Put the browned meat in the crock pot on low heat for 8-9 hours or until it is very tender and separates with a fork.
- On a skillet, warm the corn tortillas and fill them with the pulled pork, enjoy the taquitos with beans, rice or avocado