Festivities are here, so I prepared a very colorful dish ideal for your special dinners. It can be served as a main dish or it will pair easily with the main course of your choice. Besides colorful, it is prepared with a double purpose. This healthy brown rice is packed with nutrients from the veggies, garlic and fresh ginger to add great taste and boost our immune system. It will help us keep healthy during this cold winter weather. At the same time it is very refreshing, so you can serve this dish year round.
The key ingredient to this dish is garlic and ginger, besides that, you can add the veggies of your choice, or just simply throw in what ever you have in your fridge! If you want some spiciness, add a few drops of sriracha sauce. Enjoy!
BROWN RICE WITH GINGER
Serves 2 (as main dish)
1/2 Cup brown rice
2 Garlic cloves
2 Inches fresh ginger root
1 Broccollini stem
2 Celery stalks
3 Big crimini mushrooms
1 Carrot or 1/2 cup rainbow mini carrots
1/4 Bell pepper
4 Brussels sprouts
Salt to taste
- Cook the brown rice according to package instructions
- While the rice cooks, peel the ginger root and run it through a mandolin slicer, smash the garlic cloves
- Chop all the veggies
- Spray a medium size pan with the cooking spray and cook the ginger and garlic until they are golden brown
- Add all your veggies
- Stir-fry them until they are cooked, but still crunchy
- When the veggies are ready, mix in the rice, add salt to taste and enjoy!