We are all into Christmas Spirit, it will be here before we know it! Can’t wait to see, chat and share precious moments with all my loved ones. But before that, today is December the 12th and it is the day we celebrate The Virgin of Guadalupe “The Patroness of Mexico”
A little bit of history, The Virgin of Guadalupe appeared to the indian Juan Diego when he was on his way to look for help for his sick uncle. The Virgin told him his uncle was already healthy. She asked him to go up the Tepeyac Hill where he would find some roses, a place and time of the year they didn’t grow. Then take the roses to the Bishop as a testimony of her appearances and ask for the construction of a temple. So Juan Diego went to the bishop and the Virgin revealed an image of herself on the apron where he had been carrying the roses. This was the fourth time The Virgin of Guadalupe appeared to Juan Diego. Since then, December the 12th 1531, we celebrate the miraculous act.
I’m sharing with you these easy, healthy little sweets. Because we all need a little bit of sweet in our lives, who can deny that? They are so delicious. Just good ingredients in them. No added sugar, gluten-free, vegetarian, healthy, no bake, simple and you can cover them with your signature coating, here I give you some ideas.
EASY LITTLE SWEETS
Makes 30 little balls
1/4 Cup Raw almond butter
15 Pitted dates
2 Tablespoon Cocoa
2 Tablespoon Cold press apple juice
Minced unsweetened coconut
- In a food processor, put all the ingredients
- Process until it becomes a homogeneous paste
- Accommodate the coatings in different plates
- Form little balls about 3/4 of an inch, I like them small so I can eat more balls! Ha! and roll them into the different coatings. You may change the coatings for any of your choice
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours and bring them to your next reunion!