Let’s not forget the main celebration of Christmas: the celebration of the birth of Jesus. God gave us the greatest gift of all, his own son. Jesus, the prince of peace, would grow to show us the way of life, the pathway to God, and eternal life.
And yes, I believe that it is time to make peace with ourselves and with those around us to show that we care about them. This involves getting together, having delicious food, and giving gifts.
Today I am preparing a very easy last minute dessert that is delicious and healthy (yes, you read right: healthy!). It only requires strawberries, yogurt, and pecans. This dessert looks so pretty and tastes like a little popsicle full of flavor. Prepare them ahead of time and stick them in the freezer.
Makes 20 popsicles
1 Cup pecans (finely chopped)
1 Cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- Place in two separate bowls the greek yogurt and the chopped pecans
- Insert a stick into the strawberry
- Cover the strawberry with the greek yogurt
- Then cover it with the chopped pecans
- Place the strawberry on a cookie sheet
- Repeat with all the 20 strawberries
- Freeze them for a couple of hours