I like easy recipes, that is one of the reason I like these mexican stuffed Portobellos. They are very tasty with their earthy flavour and a kick from the jalapeño. Make the stuffing on the stove and finish them in the oven. You can enjoy them as a side or appetizer dish or if you want to go vegetarian, you can have them as your main dish.
Mushrooms grow only in the richest soils, this might be the reason they have many health benefits. They have vitamin B, which help us maintain a healthy metabolism and nervous system; and they are rich in minerals, like potassium, phosphorus, selenium and copper, these help us form strong bones, DNA, red blood cells and maintain a healthy immune system.
Recipe with in the recipe:
The stuffing in this recipe is delicious as a dip! You can enjoy it with tortilla chips! You don’t need to cook the cheese.
MEXICAN STUFFED PORTOBELLO
4 Portobello Mushrooms
2 Small tomatoes
1 Jalapeño pepper
A bunch of fresh cilantro
1 Cup curd cheese (requeson)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350º F
- Clean your portobellos by cutting the stem and with a spoon scrap the gills
- Prepare your veggies, chop the onion, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro and you may add the stems from the portobellos
- Heat a skillet and add the oil. Once it is hot, add the onion
- Saute until the onion becomes translucent. Add the tomatoes, jalapeño and stems
- Add the cilantro and when it turns bright green incorporate the cheese
- Turn off the heat, add a little bit of salt, not too much, because the cheese is already salty and stir
- Stuff the portobellos
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350º F