Because Luis and my husband Ricardo are home and I know they LOVE mexican food, I’m preparing this meat recipe for tacos. It is very flavorful, comfort food perfect for the cold weather! This kind is pulled beef with new potatoes in fresh tomato sauce. Very easy prepared in the slow cooker so you can enjoy family time!
All you need to do is season the meat, put it in the slow cooker and pour blended tomatoes. Go to the movies, go for a hike, or watch football with your family while it cooks!
Serve it with some vegetables, avocado, rice or beans, and if you are brave enough, go ahead and try the serrano chili that gave its wonderful flavor to the meat!
BEEF AND POTATO TACOS
1 1/2 Lb Flank Stake
8 New potatoes
3 Big tomatoes
2 Serrano chiles
3 Garlic cloves
Handful fresh cilantro
1 Teaspoon onion powder
1 Teaspoon garlic powder
1 Teaspoon oregano
1 Teaspoon coriander
1 Teaspoon cumin powder
1 Teaspoon pepper
1 Teaspoon sea salt
- Blend the tomato, onion and garlic
- Season the meat with onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, coriander, cumin, pepper and salt. Put it in the slow cooker.
- Pour the blender contents over the meat. add the cilantro and chiles
- Let it cook for 6 hours. Chop the potatoes and add them to the slow cooker
- Cook for one more hour or until the potatoes are soft and the meat is tender
- Pull only the meat from the slow cooker cut it across the its natural fibers about 3/4 of an inch apart. Shred if with a fork, put it back into the sauce and stir.
- Serve it with warm tortillas, avocado, beans, rice or vegetables