I have the perfect breakfast for the weekend, when you have a little more time to slowly savour all the great flavors in this french toast. The vanilla, the orange, the coconut! You could prepare them plain or just orange or just coconut. Actualy I think the whole combination is perfect!
And who said french toast couldn’t be healthy?! Let me tell you, find a good bread to start with. I found this Powerseed bread at the grosery store, it is organic with 6g of protein, 6g of fiber and 500mg of omega-3 per slice. In addition to the eggs, milk and oatmeal that I’m preparing it with. Enjoy this indulgent breakfast and let me know!
OATMEAL FRENCH TOAST
Serves 1 (2 pieces of bread)
2 Slices of bread
1/2 Cup quick 1 minute oatmeal, dry, uncooked
1/4 Cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Zest of half an orange and/or 2 Tablespoon unswetened coconut
1 Tablespoon butter
- In a bowl where you can fit your bread flat, lightly beat the eggs, vanilla orage zest and milk.
- In anthother bowl put 1/2 cup the oatmeal and the coconut
- Melt 1 tablesoopn of butter in a skillet over mediun heat
- Soak one slice of bread on both sides in the eggs mixture and pass it to oatmeal bowl on both sides
- Pass the slice to the eggs mixture one more time and cook it on the butter until it is golden brown on both sides
- Reapeat the precedure with the second slice of bread
- Serve with maple syrup and a side of berries