I have talked how beans and corn complement each other to complete a protein on my Simply Beans post. Well lentils and rice have the same partnership, together they are a super power couple for a vegetarian meal or a delightful side. Seems like grains and legumes have this amazing deal to complement each other.
I’m sharing this easy recipe packed with vitamins, protein, fiber and minerals. Those bright colors make it look sooo good and inviting! Best of all, so easy to cook. I even cook the lentils and brown rice in the same sauce pan at the same time. Came out perfectly!
RICE AND LENTILS WITH VEGETABLES
3 Tablespoons lentil dry
3 Tablespoons brown rice dry
2 Celery stalks
2 Tablespoons Feta Cheese
1/4 Red bell pepper
1/4 Yellow bell pepper
3 Brussel Sprouts
1 Garlic clove
The juice of half a lime
- Cook brown rice and lentils according to package. I put them both in the same saucepan and cook them together.
- Chop the veggies
- Saute smashed garlic in one tablespoon of olive oil
- Add the vegetables, look at this bright colors, beautiful!
- When that vegetables are cooked, I like them crunchy, add the cooked lentils and brown rice and salt to taste
- Squice half of a lime over add the feta cheese and stir