Happy Saint Patrick’s day!! I love Saint Patrick’s day, I feel it is a festivity full of energy, positiveness, happiness, proudness, brightness, or maybe it is just the luck of the Irish! Most of all it is my husband’s birthday! I wanted to prepare something very special for him. I know he really likes cheesecake, so I decided to go with this version that I created. Something green to go with Saint Patrick’s theme, something tart I didn’t want it to be over sweet and of course what can be better than cheesecake!
It may seem like a lot of steps, but they are all very simple and it goes very quickly. Hope you like it. And have a very, very Happy birthday my love!
LIME CHEESECAKE WITH LIME CURD AND MERENGUE TOPPING
Makes 8 individual cheesecakes
12 single Graham crackers
2 Tablespoon brown sugar
3 Tablespoon butter melted
6 oz Cream cheese
6 oz Ricotta cheese
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
For lime curd
2 Egg yolk
1 Tablepoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon lime zest
3 Tablespoon lime juice
3 Tablespoon coconut oil melted
1/8 cream of tartar
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 350º F
- Grind graham crackers
- Add brown sugar and melted butter until well combined
- Split mixture into 8 individual oven save and with clean hands press it to the bottom to form the crust
- Bake for 10 minutes
- While crust is in the oven, let’s make the filling
- In a bowl mix cream cheese and ricotta cheese until well combined
- Add egg. brown sugar and lemon zest, mix well
- When time is up, take crust out of oven and let cool for a couple of minutes
- Fill the individual moulds with cheese mixture
- Put them back in oven, now for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile… Prepare curd and merengue
- Separate eggwhites from yolks
- Fill a medium pot with water, bring to boil
- Place the egg yolks, maple syrup, lime zest, lime juice and coconut oil into a heatproof bowl, put it over the pot of boiling water and whisk constantly for about 3 to 4 minutes until the curd thickens. Be careful to not over cook, once it starts thickening it will go very quickly.
- Beat the meringue ingredients with an electric mixer on high-speed until stiff peaks form.
- Take the cheesecakes out of the oven and let the cool for 2 minutes once again
- Top with lime curd and merengue
- Back in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the meringue browns
- Let them cool before putting them in the fridge.
- Let them set in refrigerator for about 4 hours