I know the internet is full of spaghetti squash recipes. I recently discovered it and I found it amazing! You may have it if you are following a gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian or paleo diet, or just for the fun of it! I rather eat a vegetable, which gives me fiber, energy carbs and vitamins, than just plain energy carbs from pasta. It is very easy to make and it comes out so delicious! It absorbs what ever condiment it may come to your mind.
Here is how I prepare it, scroll dow to find 2 ways to serve it, one with my Pesto Paste and another with ricotta and tomato sauce. Both of them delicious! Give it a try!
1 Wnter Squash
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Bake the hole squash for 10 minutes to soften the shell
- Take out the squash and cut it in half
- Scoop all the seeds
- Spred garlic paste, drizle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Place the squash in a baking dish lined with foil paper with the shell up
- Return to oven and bake for 40 more minutes
- Scrap the “noodles” from squash with a fork
- There you go! Isn’t that easy!?
For spaghwtti squash al pesto, drizzle the “noodles” with a little olive oil and top with Pesto paste, (stay tuned for a homemade version)
For spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and ricotta, place the “noodles” in a oven safe container, spread ricotta cheese on top and add your favorite tomato spaghetti sauce over. Bake just to heat.