This is a very different way to eat cabbage. Cabbage is a great vegetable, full of vitamins and enzymes. It has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, cancer prevention, digestive tract and cardiovascular support benefits. Need more? It is the fountain of youth!
What I did, is that I grilled a thick (about 1 inch) slice of cabbage in a pan with butter, olive oil and fresh garlic. It came out so, so good! I really recommend it. It can be a nice vegetarian plate or a side to your main dish. Give it a try! I bet you are going to love it!
3 Garlic cloves
1 Teaspoon Butter
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
- Cut the cabbage into 1 inch thick slices (I ended up with 5 slices)
- In a large pan, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat
- Add garlic
- Grill cabbage slices, do not over lap. Do it in batches.
- Let them cook for 5 minutes, then turn them over
- Once turned, season with salt and pepper
- Let them cook for another 5 minutes.
- Ready! I had mine with a beef steak and some avocado slices