My son is visiting! So excited! He loves to cook, bake and everything related. He’s been following a gluten-free diet for about a month now, will see how that turns out. Meanwhile, we had a great time baking this delicious apple bread. We made some little mistakes, like mixing up tablespoons with teaspoons, but it didn’t matter because it smelled and tasted wonderful anyway.
We had this bread for breakfast with a nice cup of coffee, we also had it for dessert with a little spoon of ice cream!
He found in the internet a mixture of flours to replace wheat flour. So you can transform any baking good to gluten-free. It was interesting all the way from the grocery store to the tasting. Just delicious and above all, building good memories!
GLUTEN FREE APPLE BREAD
Gluten Free Flour mix (flour to replace wheat flour):
2 3/4 C Brown Rice Flour
1 3/4 C Gluten Free Oat Flour
1 3/4 C Potato Flour
1/2 C Corn Meal
Ingredients for the bread:
1 1/2 Butter Stick
2 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 1/2 Almond Flour
3/4 Buckwheat Flour
2/3 Gluten Free Flour mix
2 teaspoon Baking powder
Brown sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Line baking molds with parchment paper, I used a loaf mold and a 8 inch round mold
- Cream butter and sugar in the mixer until is light and fluffy
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time
- Peel and grate one apple
- Incorporate the grated apple and the rest of the dry ingredients
- Combine well with a spoon
- Divide the mixture into the molds
- Finely slice 2 apples
- aArange the slices on top of the bread mixture
- Sprinkle some brown sugar on top of apples
- Bake for one hour to one hour and ten minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Prepare a nice cup of coffee and enjoy!