I love this kind of zucchini because you can stuff it with many kind of ingredients. This time I chose mint rice, because of the fresh taste of mint. Great for a summer hot day! Very easy to prepare.
These I harvested from my garden. I am thrilled that I was able to harvest them, knowing they are organic, and somehow it feels great to eat vegetables that you were able to grow taking care of them.
ZUCCHINI STUFFED WITH MINT RICE
3 Round Zucchini
3 Twigs fresh mint
1/2 Cup rice
1/4 Onion chopped
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and brown onion.
- Add rice and brown for 3 minutes
- Add 1 cup of water, mint twigs and 1 teaspoon of salt
- Cover and let it simmer until water is absorbed
- Meanwhile, take out the insides of the zucchini
- In boiling water cook zucchini for 7 minutes, or until is cook but still firm. Do not over cook
- Stuff cooked zucchini with mint rice
- Garnish with more fresh mint and serve
My zucchini plants: