This is kind of my version of the traditional Waldorf Salad. I like it so much because it is so simple and it can be prepared ahead of time. All of its ingredients are delicious and creates balance between them. I don’t use apples, instead, I use black seedless table grapes, they are so sweet that add a very nice flavor to the salad. And for the crunchiness I add jicama. This is another recipe where I integrate mexican ingredients to a traditional american dish.
Jicama is a root originally form Mexico. It has a very fresh and crunchiness consistency. It is very low-calorie and it is a very good source of fiber.
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
2 Celery stalks
1/2 Cup black seedless table grapes
1/2 Cup jicama 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 Cup pecans
1/2 Cup plain greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon mustard
- Heat a pan and cover the surface with non-stick spray
- Cook the chicken tenders on both sides until they are golden brown
- Meanwhile, chop the rest of the ingredients
- Chop the cooked chicken in bite size pices
- In a little bowl mix the yogurt with the mustard
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl