You know, Cold weather always calls for a hot comforting soup.
I’ve been so busy, the boys bedroom, (well they are grown up now, but always be my boys) flooded. Yes flooded. A water source in the sink broke. I don’t understand why if no body is there. Well the carpet was ruined, so I been having workers coming in and out my place to fix the sink, remove the carpet and install a hardwood floor. Done with carpets. Can you think how much work is to take everything out of one room and then put it all back together?! At the end it was good, we took a big trip to Good Will.
I was thinking I needed a one dish meal, something easy to prepare that didn’t need lots of supervision. So here is a great idea. Very nutritious, full of fiber, protein and iron, loads of flavors and texture. Love this soup, I don’t need anything to complete the meal, it is all in there! Yet it may be served as a side dish.
RUSTIC LENTIL SOUP
1/2 Cups Lentis (dry)
2 Garlic Cloves
3 Celery stalks
1 Jalapeño peper (optional)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
5 Cups water
- Chop the vegetables
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil.
- Saute the onion, garlic and celery until the onion is translucent
- Add the lentils and saute for one minute
- Add the water, tomato, cilantro, salt
- Optional: Add a cut a jalapeño pepper in half longwise but not all the way to the top. This is just for the peper to let go the flavor
- Cover and bring to a boil
- Simmer for about 45 minutes or until the lentils are soft