Bright colors in my food makes me happy. Even more, when they a natural vibrant full of flavor. When I look at a plate with different bright colors it feels to me so inviting. Roasted bell peppers are my favorite, they add son much flavor and color, that I just incorporate them in food when ever I have them around.
I roast the bell peper on the comal (an iron cast skillet). It takes them about one hour to an hour and twenty minutes to be dancing on the comal, switching sides, turning around, until they are all browned on every side. I know it is a long time, but precisely this slow roast cooking is what gives them such wonderful flavor.
Beans are so good companions because they absorb all flavors, this is why I say they go with everything, love them.
HAIRCOT BELL PEPER SALAD
1 Cup haircot beans
4 Bell Peppers (I chose one red, one yellow, one orange and one green)
Salt and Pepper
- Slice the scallions and pour over tha juice of the limes. Set aside
- Cook haircots acoording to instructions
- Roast the bell peppers on a comal turning them frecuently
- Peel the skin of the roasted bell peppers
- Cut th peppers in strypes
- In a bowl mix the cooked haircots and peppers
- Toss with olive oil ad add salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with scalions