I like salads, but, during the cold weather season, it is hard for me to eat cold foods. This is why I like this salad, it is warm, comforting with kale. You can easily go vegetarian with just omitting the shrimp. Kale has tons of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K and it is a good source of potassium, calcium and magnesium, enzymes, fiber, that’s why it is call a super food!
I’m sure you will enjoy this salad as much as I do. It is light, super nutritious, simple, very easy to make. The sweetness of the apple and the spiciness of the paprika make very nice mix of flavors.
SHRIMP KALE WARM SALAD
12 Jumbo Shrimp
4 Cups chopped kale
1+1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Cut the onion and the apple into orange segments like pieces
- In a medium sauce pan heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil
- Saute the onion and the apple
- When the onion is translucent, add the kale and the vinegar
- Stir until the kale turns bright green. Set aside
- Season the shrimp with pepper, salt and paprika
- In the same pan saute the shrimp
- Serve over the kale salad and enjoy