The recipe I’m sharing today is perfect for the season. A soup is always well received on a cold day. This creamy sweet potato soup is just “comfortly delicious”. Comfort food always make you feel warm in the inside, your tummy and your soul. A taste of home.
I was so excited to make this soup because of the combination of all different flavors, the aroma, the silky texture, so good. It pairs perfectly with a salad or sandwich for lunch. It works as an appetizer either on a regular daily dinner or that special event that you might have. And of course, very easy and simple to do.
SWEET POTATO COCONUT SOUP
3 Medium sweet potatoes
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
3 Stalks celery
3 Garlic cloves
3 Inches fresh ginger root
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
2 Cups Unsweetened coconut milk
2 Cups water
The Juice of 3 oranges
Salt to taste
- Prepare your vegetables. Chop the onion and the garlic. Tha ginger and the sweet you may run them through a mandolin slicer, it is easier and will cook faster.
- In a medium size pan, over medium heat, sauté the onions, celery, garlic and ginger, until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the sweet potatoes, orange juice, water, cardamom, cinnamon and salt
- Cover and simmer 25-30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked
- Blend the contents of the pan. Be careful when blending the hot mixture, secure the blender lid on the blender.
- Pour the pureed mixture into the saucepan again. Add the coconut milk. Stir and serve
- Garnish with some unsweetened coconut flakes and a dash of cinnamon