Let’s face it I’m Mexican and we ALL Mexicans love salsa. We pour salsa over everything we eat. We always have any kind of salsa stored in our refrigerators. We like to add the spiciness and another layer of flavor to our meals.
You are going to love this salsa, you’re going to want to pour this creamy salsa over everything! Do not mistake it for guacamole, this is salsa, thinner.
We all know avocados are loaded with healthy fats, fiber and various important nutrients. So let’s add some healthy spice to our meals!
1 1/2 Avocados
2 Serano Chiles (or 1 depending of the spiciness you want)
3 Garlic smashed
3/4 Cup of water
Bunch of fresh cilantro
The juice of one lime
Salt to season
- Roughly chop the onion and serrano chiles
- Lightly grease a pan and saute the chopped onion the smashed garlic and serrano chiles
- Meanwhile chop the cilantro and avocado
- Put the sautéed onion mixture into the blender, add the cilantro, avocado, lime juice, water and salt. The lime juice prevent it from getting dark so you can store it i an air tight container in the refrigerator
- Season your cheese quesadilla
- Switch your traditional salsa for this on your “huevos rancheros”